The Fall: Last Days of Gaia - Blood Mod

Guten Tag Gast. Schön, dass Du hereinschaust! Einen angenehmen Aufenthalt wünscht das CompiWare-Team.
  • Schade, dass es dieses Spiel nirgends digital zu kaufen gibt. Würde hier sofort nochmals zuschlagen, da es immer ein wenig dauert, die Retail Version auf die fehlerbehobene und verbesserte Reloaded Version zu patchen. Zumal ich mir gar nicht sicher bin, ob das Spiel unter Windows 10 dank StarForce Kopierschutz überhaupt läuft. Hab es lange nicht installiert... :/

• Schade, dass es dieses Spiel nirgends digital zu kaufen gibt. Würde hier sofort nochmals zuschlagen, da es immer ein wenig dauert, die Retail Version auf die fehlerbehobene und verbesserte Reloaded Version zu patchen. Zumal ich mir gar nicht sicher bin, ob das Spiel unter Windows 10 dank StarForce Kopierschutz überhaupt läuft. Hab es lange nicht installiert... :/

Das Spiel läuft, da der Kopierschutz mit den letzten Patches entfernt wurde. Hab mir den Ordner vom Spiel gezippt.

• ich hatte es damals nur ausgeliehen und die Mod ist noch Altbestand gewesen.

aber es wäre definitiv mal ein release auf gog.com wert, denke ich.

ich weiss aber nicht, ob die mod auch bei dem reloaded update funktioniert, kann das leider nicht testen, da ich mir damals auch keine Sicherungskopie erstellt hatte.

• Das Spiel läuft, da der Kopierschutz mit den letzten Patches entfernt wurde.

Dachte ich mir fast. Aber trotzdem dauert das Patchen immer ein wenig... :)

aber es wäre definitiv mal ein release auf gog.com wert

Wenn ich das richtig bei GOG gelesen habe, ist das Problem, dass es kein internationales Release gibt. Das Spiel gibt es nur in Deutsch. Und wie die Rechte aussehen, weiß ich nicht. Aber ich denke, dass GOG kein rein deutsches Spiel veröffentlichen würde. Es gibt nur einen Fan-Patch, der die Texte ins Englische übersetzt.

ich weiss aber nicht, ob die mod auch bei dem reloaded update funktioniert

Könnte das Spiel ja mal wieder installieren, wenn ich Zeit habe.

• Ich habe das Spiel auch auf CD. Das war zu Anfang ohne Patches noch verbuggter als Gothic3 aber dennoch ein tolles Spiel. Ich meine mal eine Digitalversion gesehen zu haben aber dass waren wohl Hallus.;P

Da das Spiel Abandonware ist, gibt's es eine ISO zum downloaden auf Archive.org. Also doch irgendwie digital.;)

• Ich hatte es zum Release gesp- ähh versucht zu spielen. Bugs waren gar nicht mal so schlimm gewesen aber war es 'ne Ruckelorgie die seinesgleichen suchte. Heutzutage undenkbar ...

• Ich hatte es zum Release gesp- ähh versucht zu spielen. Bugs waren gar nicht mal so schlimm gewesen aber war es 'ne Ruckelorgie die seinesgleichen suchte. Heutzutage undenkbar ...

ich sag ja, wie bei Gothic 3.:lol:

• Wie lade ich den Blut-Mod herunter?

Ich entschuldige mich, dass ich kein Deutsch spreche. Ich bin ein englischer Fan dieses Spiels und ich möchte es wirklich ungeschnitten spielen.

Ich verwende Google Translate, um in diesem Forum zu navigieren. Ich konnte mich anmelden, aber die Download-Links funktionieren nicht.

Bitte helfen Sie. Dankeschön.

---

How do I download the blood mod?

I apologise I do not speak German. I am an English fan of this game and I really want to play it uncut.

I am using Google Translate to navigate this forum. I managed to sign up but the download links do not work.

Please help. Thank you.

• Hi John! Nice to have you here. :)

Sorry, that we only speak German here. But as I see you already found the way to get to the download link. I hope you have fun with the game and the patch. Hopefully the game runs on newer hardware. :gamer:

• ich hab ihm grob erklärt wie er sein Profil vervollständigt, bzw was man tun muss damit man Zugang erhält.

den Rest hat er selbst gemacht.

wir sind ja alle hilfsbereit.

• Hello PoooMukkel,

Thank you, yes, I now have the mod downloaded from this website.

The game runs fine on Windows 10. I bought the DVD version (The Fall: Last Days of Gaia RELOADED) from a seller on eBay, and it installed fine on my English language W10 computer.

I then accessed the settings (Einstellungen) and changed it to run at a bigger widescreen resolution, and increase the draw distance. It looks OK. Actually, it looks quite good now - for a game from 2004. I'm really looking forward to playing through it. Games like this are not common. In the UK we call them "Eurojank" - it's an affectionate term for games were the ambition outweighs the budget, and you end up with something interesting. A rough gem, as they say.

Thanks again for all the assistance. :)

• I then accessed the settings (Einstellungen) and changed it to run at a bigger widescreen resolution, and increase the draw distance. It looks OK. Actually, it looks quite good now - for a game from 2004.

Wow, sounds good. I bought the Non-Reloaded version of the game when it was released but it was full of bugs. But after some big patches which brought the game to the Reloaded version it was playable. But I never tried playing on Windows 10. Maybe I should give it a try.... :thumbup:

• Sadly the Blood Mod does not seem to work for me.

Here is some info:

My version is the DVD edition of RELOADED, v. 1.10.1 it shows on the title screen. This is the official German edition of the game.

I install the Blood Mod taken from OneDrive. The SysClouds download link just gives me an empty folder, so I think maybe they deleted the files inside?

After installing the game runs really slowly. Normally I get a high framerate. It's pretty smooth. But after installing the mod the framerate drops to half its normal speed, maybe less than half.

Also, it prevents all data boxes from showing up. Not dialogue boxes when characters speak, just information boxes, telling you a person's name and HP, the name and use of objects, etc. So it prevents me from seeing a lot of important information. So for example when you hover the mouse over a steak, and it says "This is a piece of meat" - now it just shows a tiny blank grey box with no text at all.

Most seriously though, there is no blood. I got into a few battles, and there is no difference. No blood, nothing has changed. I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but it seemingly does nothing in my version? Do you have screenshots of what blood looks like?

I can't understand why this is. Maybe it's because I'm using the Reloaded version, while the installation screen shows the box for the Extended version?

So I have uninstalled the mod and everything works correctly again: faster framerate and the information boxes are displayed again.

Thank you for making the mod, and helping me to download it, but for some reason it does not want to work on my computer. :(

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Sketcz_TFLDG (29. September 2020 um 10:41)

• I install the Blood Mod taken from OneDrive. The SysClouds download link just gives me an empty folder, so I think maybe they deleted the files inside?

To download from SysCloud.de you Javascript and Cookies have to be enabled! Then the folder shouldn't be empty.

I can't understand why this is. Maybe it's because I'm using the Reloaded version, while the installation screen shows the box for the Extended version?

So I have uninstalled the mod and everything works correctly again: faster framerate and the information boxes are displayed again.

Thank you for making the mod, and helping me to download it, but for some reason it does not want to work on my computer.

I didn't try the Mod by myself. Maybe the problem could be that you are using the Reloaded version of the game. Hopefully Berserkr could say a bit more details and which version the Mod should work with.

Sorry for the inconvenience. :/

• First of all, we don´t support illegal copys.

this mod adds blood when you kill somebody and only directly at the killing.

as your game runs different with the mod than without it has to do something with the game.

the mod contains of 2 scripts that change the value to show blood when hit and when killed and some changes at the explosions.

the mod is 15 years old and was made for version 1.8 and/or extended Version

what is your version you got installed ?

• oh ja glatt übersehen.

vielleicht muss ich die scripte neu anpassen für die aktuelle version.

mal schauen was geht. war ja für v1.8 erstellt.

maybe I have to edit the scripts again to the actual version.

I´ll see what I can do, was originally created for v1.8

• I definitely do not have an illegal copy. It's the official boxed version as sold in Germany.

I saw the two scripts, but I never opened them to read inside.

I'm no expert on this, but I would guess it might be to do with the version. They made quite a lot of changes for Reloaded.

Anyway, it's not such a big deal. This was mainly a cosmetic improvement. But if you feel like looking into it, thank you very much.

Though I suspect not many people are playing this game any more. ^^